This is my daily diary of my grandsons life after their parents breakup. I know everyone says you can't love anyone more than your own children but this isn't true. It's just a different kind of love.

Saturday, June 20, 2009

6/20/09

I need to get something off my chest and feel that writing it down is the only way right now. Jason has always been a good father but lately has slipped in that department. I'm not sure what is going on, but he doesn't spend as much time with the boys as he used to. When they are here, he spends all his time either on the computer or talking on his cell phone while leaving Pawpaw and I to take care of the boys.
Earlier in the week he told me that Jamie had decided that he needed to keep the boys all weekend as she had something to do. And on Friday he called me and ask if Pawpaw and I could keep the boys on Saturday "night" as some of his high school friends had come to town (Auburn) for the weekend and wanted him to visit. He said that since it was an hour and a half round trip, he would stay in Auburn and come back on Sunday morning. I told him it was fine. This morning while I bathed the boys he let it slip that he was leaving a 1:00 to go to Auburn. Not once until then had he said anything about leaving that early.
I love Cameron and Mason and I love spending time with them but we are not their parents and one or both of them need to start acting like one. They both seem to think that since they are getting a divorce that they need a personal life. Well the boys did not ask to be brought into this world and it is their (Jason and Jamie) responsibility to take care of their children not mine and Rusty's.
I have also come to realize that a lot of Jason's and Jamie's problems were not all her fault. Jamie has never been a great housekeeper but she at least cleaned the house around the clutter but the last year or so had not lifted a finger to clean the house.
Since Jason has moved in with us, I now know that Jamie probably gave up as Jason is a slob. He never cleans his room. He leaves dirty clothes and dirty dishes laying around and never even offers to take out the trash.

No comments:

Post a Comment