This is my daily diary of my grandsons life after their parents breakup. I know everyone says you can't love anyone more than your own children but this isn't true. It's just a different kind of love.

Thursday, August 13, 2009

8/13/09

According to Jason, Mason had a rough night. He ran a low grade fever all night, was very restless and snored so loud that it kept Jason awake. I had a difficult time waking him up in order to take JJ to work and he fell asleep on the way home from taking Cameron to school. After we got home I made him pancakes and sausage for breakfast. He ate some but was not very hungry and only wanted to lay around all morning. At 11:00 I gave him another dose of the Tylenol and he laid down for a nap. Three hours later I had to wake him up to go pick Cameron up from school. Once we picked Cameron up, I tried to take them to get a snack but both were not hungry so I decided to go on to the doctor's office early for Mason appointment at 4:20. Bad idea. We got there at 3:45 and did not go back until 5:10. Every time the door to the waiting room opened he started to cry saying he didn't want a shot. I tried to tell him he wouldn't get a shot today but after telling him that yesterday and he was poked three times with needles, he didn't believe me. Once in the back, the doctor checked his neck and throat. All the test have not come back yet but the ones that have state that he has a lot of bacterial infection and needs to be on antibiotics and a steroid. She says his tonsils are huge and she is concerned with the swelling of his glands. She will call me tomorrow with the mono test results but is 99 percent sure it is mono. I am to keep him home at least thru Sunday and if he is no longer running a fever he can go back to daycare on Monday.
I dropped off the two prescriptions at the pharmacy and Jason will pick them up on his way home. Thankfully they stay open until 7:00 or else we would have to wait until tomorrow to start him on the treatment. Jamie came by to check on Mason just as we were getting home. She stayed a while but then left to go home. If it were my child that was this sick, I think you would have to pull me away from him but she seems to think she doesn't need to be here for him. He is like all children when they are sick and wants his mother but it seems to help that he has daddy, Meme and Pawpaw here.
Since we were so late getting out of the doctors office, Jason picked up supper at the Mandarin Cafe. After eating, we gave Mason his medicine, he and Cameron took their baths and watched TV before going to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment