This is my daily diary of my grandsons life after their parents breakup. I know everyone says you can't love anyone more than your own children but this isn't true. It's just a different kind of love.

Saturday, August 1, 2009

8/1/09



I took JJ to work while Jason and the boys slept in. Once I came home I started breakfast. Today we had french toast, bacon (turkey) and scrambled eggs. After Pawpaw came home from work, we went to buy groceries. Boy does it cost a lot to buy groceries. By the time we left the store my purse was lighter by almost $300.00. Maybe the everyday thing (I usually spent an average of about 25.00)was better after all. We'll see how long these last before I have to go back. While we were out, Jason took the boys to see the new movie G-Force. He later said it was a cute movie for kids but he would not recommend it for adults.


At 6:00 we all met my sister Kim and her family at a local restaurant (Johnny Carino's) for a birthday party for my nephew Brandon. Pawpaw and I have only been to this restaurant once and that was a long time ago. I was not very impressed with the service, food or the restaurant itself. We had 20 people in our party and only had one server. It took forever to order, most of the food was cold when we finally received it and we had water dripping on us from the air vents in the ceiling. Lets just say, we won't be going back.
After leaving the restaurant, we all went back to Kim's house for cake and ice cream. She had purchased the cake (see picture below) from a local bakery(Columbus Corner Bakery). They did a great job and put everything Brandon likes on the cake. The boys had a good time playing with Kim's grandchildren and were happy that they were allowed to stay up late. We left Kim's around 10:00 and put the boys to bed as soon as we got home. They we tired and went straight to sleep.




No comments:

Post a Comment