This is my daily diary of my grandsons life after their parents breakup. I know everyone says you can't love anyone more than your own children but this isn't true. It's just a different kind of love.

Saturday, July 4, 2009

7/4/09

HAPPY 4TH OF JULY
I let the Jason and the boys sleep late while I took JJ to work. Once I got home I started breakfast (bacon, eggs, grits and biscuits). Pawpaw stopped by from work long enough to have breakfast with us and then Jason dressed the boys and they left. They are going to spend the day at a lake close to a friend of Jason's. They will play in the water, have a picnic and watch the fireworks later tonight. They may spend the night if it is to late to come home since the lake is close to Auburn. I would prefer they stay the night as it is a holiday and there will be a lot of drunks on the road. Pawpaw, MewMaw (my mother) and I went to my sister Kim's for the day.We always have a good time there.

Pictured is just some of the food we had. Kim is an excellent cook and Terry is a great host.


Today's menu:


Appetizers by Me:


Mini Pigs in a blanket


Swedish meatballs


Shrimp dip and crackers





Main Course:


Hamburgers


Hot dogs


BBQ Chicken


Corn on the cob


Baked beans


Potato salad


Cucumber, Tomato and Onion salad


MeMaw's Cole Slaw





Desserts provided by Memaw and Brittany:


Cupcakes


Brownie bites


Brittany's Publix Pie (family joke-Brittany makes it but Terry jokes that she buys it from Publix)

No comments:

Post a Comment